Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I wish to upgrade to windows 10 but am unable to do so because

Customer Question

I wish to upgrade to windows 10 but am unable to do so because my pc is using NVIDIA GeForceG210M. Is there any way round this.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeThere is a windows 10 driver for this now and you an download it from my link belowhttp://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/87987/enPerform the installation and you can then do the upgrade to windows 10 I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please. Else let me know please the results. Thank you
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Can you go to www.teamviewer.com Click on Download in the middle of the page Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I regret that I am not very computer literate and am having trouble getting through to you .Is it possible that you can talk me through
Colin Lockyer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, can you tell me please Colin on which step in my instructions you get stuck?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows cannot open team viewer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you restart your computer and try again please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please excuse my ignorence but I do not understand that i must close team viewer before opening. please explain. Is it possible for you to take over my computer and sort me out.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It means you already have it open, so tell me the ID and Password ***** gives you and I can then take over your computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry but I am going round in circles without any success. I have to leave now so is it possible to contact you later today and i will start from scratch
regards ***** *****
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, that would be best Colin, send me a message when your back please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard i'm back. I have reached a point where I have a message requesting that I close the teamviewer before installing. I thought that I had closed it. Where am I going wrong?
i
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You have teamviewer openSo give me the ID and Password ***** connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, you are being very patient and I am being very stupid. Could you please tell me step by step how I get to the stage of getting a an ID and Password
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Only one step ColinTeamviewer is already open, so look at it and tell me the ID and Password.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am losing the will to live, where do I view teamviewer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
click this link, click I agree and run the filehttp://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=74cac523-2e46-478c-bc78-d463a4624016
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your computer disconnected me, can you let me know when you see this message please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for delay. computer now reconnected
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, now try to install windows 10 again, does it then install?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Regret it doesnt load due to same problem
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksThe computer is not able to be upgraded to windows 10, this we have now confirmed. The only driver available wont install, so it wont allow you to install windows 10.You will need to remain with windows 7 for this sorry.