Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

A Toshiba flat screen lcd tv just over 2 years old has sound

a Toshiba flat screen lcd tv just over 2 years old has sound but no picture, help please
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished. Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket). Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release. Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still no picture
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If you press the menu button on the remote, does the menu show up Colin?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no mate
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is the invertor that controls the blacklight that has faulted. This is part of the mainboard and that needs to be replaced. We have ruled out the other causes for this I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you