Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

How do I retune my tv please? it is a viera

Customer Question

how do I retune my tv please? it is a viera
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?2- Is it hooked to antenna for local channels?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tx-l39e6bk
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am looking for channel 34 as it used to be - ITV3+1
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there seems to be a few channels that have altered over the last few days
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, working on it and get back to you in 5 minutes, is it OK?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Please press Menu to get home screen, go to setup and find Auto Setup, select it and press OK to run channel scan so TV can update available channels data in memory.This process may take several minutes so let it finish itself. Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK but after 11pm I will leave it till tomorrow. I have tried that but there is not an auto setup on the screen, several other items but not that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am going to have to leave it for now and try again tomorrow, how will I be able to get through again without paying again?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
This is odd, please use the search option in home screen to find auto-setup OR you would need to reset the TV to restore default settings and run first time setup wizard so TV can do fresh scan for all available channels in area.Go to Setup option of Menu and select Shipping Condition and press OK to proceed.Please bookmark this page/ save the page link to reopen it in your convenient time to proceed further.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I bookmark it?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Press Ctrl and D keys on your keyboard to bookmark this page in Favorites folder.Copy the link of this page by right clicking on top search bar, open notepad or word file and paste the link and save the file on desktop location so you can find and open it easily next time.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Check your email box for email notification sent by JustAnswer.com, open the email and click the link to open this chat page to continue.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Another way is, logon to JustAnswer.com and go to My Question link on top of page and click this question link to open it.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have only just come home and am trying once again to sort my tv out, there is no auto setup on the screen
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Press Menu on TV remote to get menu screen, go to Setup option and select Shipping Condition and press OK to proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but there is not a Shipping Condition either, would it come under something else?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
This is odd, is the TV input source is set on TV mode (not any HDMI input etc)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no idea, sorry
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Press Input button to get input source list, select TV in that list.Now press Menu and again check Setup menu for shipping condition option that might be located down the list so use down-arrow button on remote to check all options in Setup menu option.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The list on menu is Eco Navigation, TV Guide Settings, USB Device Setup, Child Lock, DVB Tuning Menu, Language, Display Settings, Viera Link Settings, System Menu, and Other Settings.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Check System Menu and Other Settings menu.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already tried them with no success
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, please check Tuning Menu for Auto Setup option, is it available?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have at last found shipping Condition, but it says all channels will be erased - yes or no, is it Ok to press yes?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Nice, go ahead and press OK to proceed. You would need to go through initial/ first time setup process like you just have the TV out of box now.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
BTW, where the shipping condition option was hiding in menu?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There was a notice that said the connection had failed and now I have a keyboard on the screen with an Encryption key .
Apologies for all the problems
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Is it Network connection failure and asking you to put router password?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Maybe I had better leave it and get someone in to look at it, but will I still have programmes in the meantime?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
No, previous channel data has been deleted and TV will run auto-setup to scan channels. You can skip the netwrok setup option at this stage, press Back/ Return OR Exit button on TV remote to go to next step of setup wizard in TV.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have easy setup that did not work previously, but how do I get Wizard setup from here?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Have you tried the buttons on remote that I mentioned in previous reply to skip the existing screen and to move forward to next option?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes and it is not playing with me!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is WPS wireless router, is it the computer router?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it is router setup, please check WPS button on your router, press it for a while till the message on TV screen change/ go away to finish the network setup.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing is happening
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
This is odd, I would unplug TV power cord from wall socket for few minutes, replug back in and check if it works to go through setup wizard in TV.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still nothing - how do I enter the router password ***** where?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what type of screen with keyboard is appearing on TV, can you get me the picture of it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Success at last through dogged determination, thanks for your help
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Excellent, glad to know all is set now. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I get Catch up TV on this set? This is just a casual question as I have never tried to find it.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
You would need to connect media streaming device to this TV to get lots of more video streaming services available over internet or get Sky box for catch up TV, please check following link for more details..http://www.sky.com/shop/tv/catch-up-tvhttp://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/test-centre/digital-home/15-best-media-streamers-uk-whats-best-media-steamer-2016-3580569/I hope these info will help, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Much welcome :-)