Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My television default channel is AV1 which has no sound therefore

my television default channel is AV1 which has no sound therefore am unable to watch DVDs Is there an easy fix?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV and on DVD player?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TV is wall mouthed approximately 40 inches screen size and too heavy tfor me to lift
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, have you tired to check connection cables plugged into DVD player to make sure all are secure and tight?Also, have you tried to unplug DVD player power cord from wall outlet for 5 minutes to reset, replug back in, turn it ON, playback disc and check sound?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Have you tried suggestions requested in previous reply?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The DVD player is not the problem If I change to HMDI 1 or freeview sound is resumed
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
I understand, DVD player is hooked into AV1 input of TV and you don't get sound when playback DVD, is this correct?If so then please check connection cable runs between TV and DVD player.I also understand that TV itself is fine that is why you get sound when watch freeview through HDMI-1 input.Have you tried to check the DVD player to another TV as a test?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DVD player is switched off . When I turn TV on it automatically goes to AV1 with no sound so I need to change to either HMDI1 or Freeview to get sound
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
What is connected to AV1 input of TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DVD recorder/player but that is not switched on
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, if you switch On DVD recorder, does TV gives sound output when it goes to AV1 input?To my understanding you want to get the TV straight go to HDMI-1 input or I'm getting it wrong?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I would be happy if Tv went straight to HMDI when turned on but that will not solve the problem of no sound on AV1
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, I really need your TV model number at this point to check its specs and to figure out no sound issue on AV1.Also, if you switch On DVD recorder, does TV gives sound output when it goes to AV1 input?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As explained earlier I am unable to gain access to rear of TV at this time.There is no sound output on AV1 either with DVD player on or off
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
While talking to you I am busy looking for details of Tv in paper work Can I come back to you sometime if I find those details ?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, this kind of problem could occur if audio cables are unplugged/ not plugged into AV-1 input of TV or connected video device (DVD recorder) OR DVD Recorder has got internal issue and not sending out sound signal for some reason.I asked you to please check connection cables between TV and DVD Recorder, also try to unplug its power cord form 5 minutes to reboot the DVD recorder.Also requested to check/ confirm the DVD recorder to another TV which will help me to narrow down the problem.Sure, take your time and reply back in your convenient time to continue.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am very sorry to have troubled you because despite not having disturbed the connections at the rear of the DVD player for what seems like years I have resolved the sound problem by simply moving a scart connection A lesson learnt Thank you for your patience
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Excellent Steve, thats what I was keep asking you to check connection cable between TV and DVD recorder. Glad to know that problem is resolved. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Thanks.