Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a sony cybershot.when I turn it on I get a "turn the

Customer Question

i have a sony cybershot.when I turn it on I get a "turn the power off and on again"error message.if I switch off and on again ,I get the same message.ad infinitum.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you remove the battery please then hold the shutter button down for 60 seconds then release.Wait 5 minutes, put the battery back in and try to turn it on.Tell me please if it now starts and operates correctlyThank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no change .still displaying error message
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Whats the exact wording of the error?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Turn the power off and on again
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is the internal mainboard that has faulted. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camera to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks. worth a try.i assume I will have to return the camera to sony uk.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
it was and your welcome, the steps we did usually resolve this, but in this event it's a hardware fault.