Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Good evening. I have been gifted a new Panasonic sound system.

Good evening. I have been gifted a new Panasonic sound system. I have it all connected but it isn't working . Are you able to help?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Could you please get me the model number written on sound system?This info will help to get related manual for troubleshooting purpose.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model no SU-HTB485
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
I hope model number would be Sc-HTB485What is the model number of TV that is being hooked to this sound system?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LG42LF580V
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model number I gave for the sound system is as I said, It is Panasonic
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info, this sound system can be connected to TV through Optical Cable that will plug into Optical Digital Audio IN at back of sound system and other end will go into Optical Audio Out at back of TV, press input button on sound system remote to get TV sound.Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done that. Nothing happens. There is a green light on the sub woofer and the word TV is on the sound system in front of the TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not paying £13 to talk as I have already paid £20
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Phone call offer is automated, sent by website system and not by me so feel free to ignore it if don't want to get phone call.Please press Hpme button on TV remote, select the input where TV is set on (watching Sky box) and check under the small picture an option 'Select Speaker' and set it to external speaker.Do you get TV sound in sound system now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't find the Hpme button on the tv controls
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Sorry about typo, it is Home button to get menu on TV.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the settings for external speaker (Optical/HDMI ARC) I set the digital sound out to Auto it was on PCM before now I have no sound on tv
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
External speaker setting will mute TV speakers so its quite normal. If sound system still doesn't provide sound then need to check optical cable to make sure it is plugged securely in TV and sound system jacks and misaligned cable or internally broken cable can cause no sound.Can you please check the cable or try another optical cable, is available?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have another cable. I will need to go to PC World/Curreys to buy a new one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What cable do I need?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
it calls optical audio cable, also known as tosslink cable, please check following link to view the cable image..http://www.amazon.com/Mediabridge-Toslink-Cable-Feet-Optical/dp/B004LSNF04Also, have you checked the existing optical cable is plugged tight in TV and sound system?There is alternate option if Sky box has HDMI Out port, plug the Sky box HDMI Out into sound system HDMI In and run another HDMI cable from sound system HDMI Out to TV HDMI In. This way Sky box signal will go through sound system to TV so you would get sound through sound system and picture on TV.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have changed the search to the Amazon UK and found the cable. Being disabled I have ordered one thank you. It looks nothing like the one I used.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what type cable you're using to connect sound system to TV, is it possible to provide me picture of that cable?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is HDMI cable
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
ah OK, optical cable is different one.Does your Sky box has HDMI Out port to connect the Sky box directly into sound system as explained in my previous reply?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't find one on the SKY box and that method would need another cable as well. I don't understand why when I connected using Bluetooth and my phone I did get sound for a few seconds
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will wait until Saturday then contact you again if it doesn't work.
Bye
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Let me explain, this TV doesn't have Bluetooth feature to connect to sound system, another thing is HDMI ARC feature (ARC means audio return channel) in TV that used to use same HDMI cable for two way audio signal traffic, sound system does have ARC but your TV doesn't that is why HDMI cable between both doesn't work to get you TV sound in sound system.Only option is left to connect Optical Cable as explained in previous reply to get TV sound.Not sure why you give Negative rating to my service while I'm answering each and every question in time with proper info, negative rating hits my profile and score on website so please reconsider the rating.A positive rating doesn't close the question and you can post follow up question any time here.Thanks.