Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My Sony TVs keeps going into standby after 30 minute

Customer Question

Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
KDL-55W809C
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for model info, does power light on TV blink in specific pattern like 4 blink, pauses, again 4 times blink etc when TV switches Off?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It switches off then Sony comes up then coloured circles then says android
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
- So power light stays solid and doesn't blink when TV turns Off itself, is this correct?- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sky box
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello are you still helping me?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I was waiting your reply that I just got.It seems another expert has picked your phone call offer and soon he will make phone call to you to assist you further, offhand I can tell after looking at TV symptoms that main board of TV is failing and reboots itself after some time that could be either internal heat issue or main controller chip is failing. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.Thanks.