Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

The remote control TV is constantly flashing red. It

The remote control for the TV is constantly flashing red. It won't allow any channel change other than down. If the flashing light is interrupted, it automatically changes the channel. There is no way of stopping the flashing red light. Can't access the source button to change to the Freeview box either. Have tried removing the batteries.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?2- Is the red light on TV constantly flashing or on TV remote?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model number is: 40L1333DB
The red light is only flashing on the TV remote
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've even been through the booklet that came with the TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, please remove the batteries from TV remote where red light is flashing.Can you operate the TV through control buttons on TV now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've managed to change the source from TV to Freeview box and removed the batteries. The only problem I have, is that I have to move furniture and the TV to access the rear of the TV.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now what?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
I sorry for the trouble, it seems either a button on remote is stuck for some reason and generating constant command to TV OR remote itself has got internal problem and sending out constant signals to TV which is engaging the TV. Please check if all buttons on remote are fine, if so then get another remote for the TV to resolve the problem.New remote control is available at following suppliers..http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-RC1910-Remote-Control-for-Toshiba-LCD-TVs-32W1337DB-40L1333DB-/191648009154
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
http://www.espares.co.uk/product/es1569850/compatible-rc1910-tv-remote-control?pageNumber=1&ModelId=1788611I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So when do I put the batteries back in the remote?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried it and still flashing red. All the buttons are fine and no single button is pressed in.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Press each button on TV remote to see if any one is sticky or jammed?If all buttons look fine then put batteries in remote. Does the red light still flashing on remote?If so that means remote is defective and a new remote will resolve the issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All the buttons are fine and the remote is still flashing red. So now I need a new remote - great!! Not your fault, I know.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Yes Ian, you need to get new remote, put the batteries in it and keep operating TV.I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Is there any further questions for it?Thanks.