Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have Samsung 6 incoming calls are very quite ring tone

Customer Question

I have Samsung 6 incoming calls are very quite ring tone ect ok sound in settings is full on but still can only just hear calls
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome WilliamThere are two sound volumes, one for media and one for calls.It's likely you reduce the volume for only the media.Can you have someone call you and as it is ringing, then hold the volume up button on the side of the phone until it is at maximum.Does this increase it for you?Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you mean turn down media sound as volume is full on
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, can you do the instructions exactly as I gave please William, following the steps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still the same very quite
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to Settings, Applications Manager.Swipe to the list ALL and locate Google Services Framework.Press it and press clear data.Then restart the phone and tell me how the volume now is please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
done that sound on incoming still very quite
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ring tones ect are all perfect
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
can you plug the headphones in and out a few times and then test if the volume has improved.Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sound from earphone great but when no earphone very quite
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, we will have to reset the phone. This will remove all data from the phone and return it to new, so first backup any data you wish to first keep.Then go to Settings, Backup & Reset, Factory Data Reset.Let this complete and when it has, setup the phone like when you first received it and tell me how it then functions please.