Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a 40in tv cant get a picture properly all of a sudden

I have a 40in tv cant get a picture properly all of a sudden it keeps having interference and crackling on line seems to have started since changes on some of tv channels
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Shahid cant get to the model number I am a pensioner on my own and tele is on wall
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, please check side panels of TV for small label to get model number info as many brands have it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Product code 37lg5010-zd bekqljg serialno 812wreb2w80
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** LG brand TV. Is the problem occur on all channels or just a few ones?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all channels you can see some picture then all this sort of intermitant crackling
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, Is the TV hooked to aerial/ antenna for local channels or any cable/ satellite box connected and you use cable remote to change channels?- Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok will do
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** me info requested in previous reply..Is the TV hooked to aerial/ antenna for local channels or any cable/ satellite box connected and you use cable remote to change channels?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no difference shahid
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to hear that Christine.- Is the TV hooked to aerial/ antenna for local channels or any cable/ satellite box connected and you use cable remote to change channels?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no cable connected the tv is in my bedroom aerial is in the attic my lounge tv is ok and I don't have cable
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, we need to run auto-tuning in TV so it can do fresh canning of available channels.Please press Menu button on TV remote to get menu screen on TV, select Setup (dish icon) in menu then select Auto Tuning and press OK/Enter on remote to run it, this process may take several minutes to finish.Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry shahid still the same
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
I'm really sorry about it and it seems it is either aerial issue which isn't connected properly or aerial cord is broken/ loose connection etc OR TV builtin tuner is failing and became unable to process TV air signals properly. I wsh I had better news about TV problem and it looks you would need to call local TV tech to check the aerial, its cord coming to TV and tuner inside TV to figure out what is bad to get it fixed.I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.
Shahid, Technician
Experience: I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech