Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a flat screen 40" tv model UE40J5120, and I am trying

Customer Question

I have a flat screen 40" tv model UE40J5120, and I am trying to fit a Samsung wireless Sound Bar, but it asks for "add new device" to make Tv Sound Connect ? I am unable to this on the TV remote, any ideas please ?
George Airton
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.1- Could you please get me the model number written on soundbar?2- Does the soundbar ask for 'add new device'?Thanks.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Also, can you get me complete model number off of TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sound bar modelHWJ250
Yes it doesTo UE40J5100AK
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** it and get back to you in 10 minutes, is this OK?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fine, George
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks George for waiting, 'add new device' message appears when you use Bluetooth mode in soundbar and you can connect your smart phone to send audio signals to soundbar. TV doesn't have Bluetooth feature so it can't be connected that way to soundbar, however, you can hook it to TV through Optical Cable as TV and soundbar both have digital audio out and in ports, plug an optical cable in two units, select correct input in soundbar to get TV sound. Please check following link to view required optical cable info..http://www.amazon.co.uk/Optical-Cables/b?ie=UTF8&node=1098229031I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
George,Do you have any further question for it?Thanks.