Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Samsung 48" H8000 TV - after turning off TV and then turning

samsung 48" H8000 TV - after turning off TV and then turning on again the screen is blue, still get sound though. If I turn off and leave for a while it then starts working again.
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model Number UE48H8000STXXU. You view box and blueray player connected.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Does the problem occur when playback bluray player or only when watch view box channels?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What are box channels?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Youview box that you're referring in question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Same issue if I use youview box to watch TV. The issue is when turning TV off using TV remote. I have probably only used blueray about twice in last year.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, is it possible to try bluray player now which will help to troubleshoot the problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I play dvd and then turn off blue ray then it turns off TV and when I turn TV back on then I get usual get blue screen
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info - Have you tried to unplug TV, bluray and youview box power cords from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I often do this to get it going again, I will do so again.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, please reply back with the result and if problem persist then we would try to update TV firmware as nest step.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Plugged back in but still blue, unplugged again. It can often take longer than 10 minutes unplugged before its fixes itself.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to hear that, any graphics/ text appears while having blue screen on TV?Does menu screen come up when press home/ menu button on TV remote?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No text on blue screen. Can't get menu when pressing menu on remote. My son says sometimes recently it can take several hours before it comes back to life, time seems to vary.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info, these are abnormal symptoms of TV and seems main board is failing. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. If TV is out of warranty then need to remove back cover of TV to access inside to get part number off of label pasted on main board and search/ google it to get price info to order it. This kind of work should be done by TV tech to avoid any damage to TV.I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here. Regards,Shahid.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hi Justin, do you need any further assistance with this question?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, it's still under warranty so will see if I have any luck with them.