Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

We have a Bush tv when switched on it comes up with no channels,

We have a Bush tv when switched on it comes up with no channels, I have checked all the leads they are all ok, I have tried to re-scan but it just asks for a password ***** do not know the password, can you help?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeThis is happening because "Lock Channel" is turned on.Whoever set up the TV originally will have turned this function on.The default password ***** unlock it is 0000 if this has not been changed.Can you tell me if it accepts this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The tv has accepted the password ***** now doesn't come up with any channels when I scan it
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
What is it connecting to for TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we have a Sky hd box connected, all the connections are good
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I want to ensure the Skybox has not faulted.Are you able to connect a different TV to it to rule this out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it will take me a few minutes to do this, will contact you again when this is checked
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have connected the sky box to another tv it doesn't want to work on the other one
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is the skybox that has faulted (you confirmed the connections are correct) I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the box to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for your help, I will contact sky about a replacement box, thanks again