Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Last week or so it has been difficult to turn on

Hi, for the last week or so it has been difficult to turn on the tv wether I use the sky remote or the tv remote or even the tv when it does come on, in the left hand corner a message comes up USB overload. The tv is a SAMSUNG 37 inch HD.
Can you explain this to me please.
Mike Brooke
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi Shahid,
the model no is LE32B652T4W
The only device connected to the TV is the SKY PLUS HD BOX
mike
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Michael for the info. - Have you tried to unplug TV and Sky box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes I have done that twice
mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when the standby light is on I have tried by turning the tv on from its touch button, the light tturns on & off about 8 times then goes out but tv does not come on, after abot 15 mins the light comes back on again.
mike
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, have you tired to put memory stick in USB port of TV to see if TV recognize it or gives same error message?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just tried that but tv still dose'nt turn on and there's no error message
mike
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Mike,"USB overload" is an error message that indicates USB processor chip failure which is mounted on main board of TV. Since we have tried possible user level steps but non has worked that means it is hardware related fault as mentioned above (USB processor chip failure) and it needs to replace main board of TV. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. IF TV is out of warranty then main board replacement should be done by local TV tech to avoid any further damage to TV and this kind of repair may cost around 80 to 90 Pounds.I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.