Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Samsung UE55H6400AKXXU keeps switching on and off and no remote

Samsung UE55H6400AKXXU keeps switching on and off and no remote works!
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished. Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket). Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release. Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As far as I can see the Samsung UE55H6400AKXXU dows not have an on off switch?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I check the specifications and while most models do not, this one does not, you can do the procedure skipping the step with the button please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have unplugged it. Now what?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. I will wait the 10 minutes and then turn it on again.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No change. Still keeps switching on and off. I have changed the batteries on the remote but this has had no effect.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is the internal powerboard that has faulted. We have ruled out the other causes for this. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you