Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

We have a Samsung Smart tv, has been working fine until this

We have a Samsung Smart tv, has been working fine until this morning, we turned it on, we have sky connected, it all came on as usual, then the tv started turning itself on and off at about 10 second intervals, you could still hear the programme as we have surround sound, but there was no picture. The remote's for the tv do not work either. Have tried turning the power off but this has made no difference. Now I can't see a picture, just hear it and have a black screen. Any idea's? the tv is about 15 - 18 months old.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished. Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket). Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release. Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done as you ask, I can now see the programme, but the tv is till turning itself on and off, although at slightly longer intervals.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is the internal power board that has faulted and is shorting out Sue. This now confirms it I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you