Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a GARMIN Nuvi 50 satnav. Purchased about 18 months

Hi, I have a GARMIN Nuvi 50 satnav. Purchased about 18 months ago. Apart from the suction cup failing to hold it to the windscreen (no big deal) I have been very satisfied with it. However, last week I used it for a journey from Letchworth, Herts (SG6) to Southend-on-Sea, Essex. All was fine until I was about 10 miles from my destination, at which point the satnav instructions bore no resemblance to the actual road layout. In fairness, there would appear to be major roadworks taking place in the area. What I would like to know is whether there is any way to 'update' the mapping on this model please?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeTo perform updates for the maps you use a software program called Garmin Express.You install it on your computer from my link belowhttps://www.garmin.com/en-US/maps/updates/Once installed, connect the Garmin to the computer, open the program and you can do all your updates there. If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.Thank you