Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Bought my phone in October last year.KX-TGH220E range. No

Bought my phone in October last year.KX-TGH220E range. No problems until about a week ago. Handset keeps showing message saying 'set time/date' or 'no link' to Base. The 'Out of base range' also keeps appearing. The base unit keeps bleeping and showing 'set time/date' and also 'no power' When this happens - which IS intermittent, two lights flash on the base unit alongside the 'play stop' and 'answer on/off' buttons. The two handsets are keeping and showing perfect time/dates, the batteries showing fully charged. This whole sequence goes on for several minutes a time , several times a day. I have followed the 'suggestions' on the back page of the handbook and tried, albeit not successfully to register the handset to the base unit as shown on page 35 of the handbook, as suggested on the back page. Otherwise - both handsets work perfectly!
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you please remove the batteries from the handset and the power to the Phone base and leave it 30 minutes.Then connect the power to the base, wait 5 minutes, connect the batteries in the phone and tell me please how it then functions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done as requested, may I reply more fully early tomorrow? as I said this appears to be an intermitant fault, so I'd like to give it 24 hours
Thanks John
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No problem at all John