Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Sky HD TV showing message , your box is still initialising,

Sky HD TV showing message , your box is still initialising, please return in a short time to use this feature,. It has done this for over 12 hours
.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished. Can you please remove the power to the Sky box (so unplug it from the power socket). Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the box, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After 10 mins we switched it back on and got the same message then it went to 998 channel which it will play on a non-stop loop. it is telling us how to connect to Broadband but we haven't been connected previously. We do have Broadband and a cable but have not got round to connecting it.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, connect it please and tell me what then happens.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have connected with the cable but the Initialising message is still there
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is the internal mainboard in the skybox that has faulted. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK Thanks for your help