*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

We had a Samsung HD television fitted in yesterday but

Customer Question

Hi , we had a Samsung HD television fitted in yesterday but had to get Sky to set up the sky box . After this was done late yesterday we cannot get a picture via hdmi1 . Sound isn't a problem but no picture ! Please help
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 11 months ago.
Is the sound coming through your tv speakers or do you have external speakers?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The sound is from the TVs .
okay, try pressing the input/source button on the tv, press it and wait a few seconds then press it again. Do that 6 or 7 times and see if the picture comes on the tv.
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience: I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Where on the TV is this input/ source button ??
it is on the remote, what is the model number of the Samsung please?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
UE32J5600
okay, thank you.Are you using the sky remote to control the tv?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Both . But with no picture the sky remote is limited .
can you check this please> make sure that the pink end of your new HDMI cable is plugged into the pink socket on the back of your new Sky+HD box, then plug the black end into the HDMI 1 port on your TV.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There is no pink end to the cable , both are black , I have reversed them . Still just sound !
okay, is the TV side of the cable in the HDMI 1?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Both ends of the cable are identical ! Confused now , could we have been sold the wrong one ??
No, the cable will be fine. The one that comes with the sky box HD is usually marked on one end to match the output on the sky box. The hdmi socket on the sky box should be labeled pink also.Do you have the Sky Box HD?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There are no pink markings on it !
okay, make sure that the tv socket where the hdmi cable is connected is labeled hdmi 1, then make sure it’s tuned to the correct input source by pressing the source or input button on your TV remote (on most TV remotes, this is indicated by a box with an arrow pointing into it).
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Done .
okay, is it still the same, sound and no picture?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Just the same sadly !
okay, do you have the samsung smart control remote?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes ,
click on the blue link below to view the image of the remote>
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes , got that picture
if the cable is fitted tightly on both ends and the tv source input is correct then this points to a bad or incompatible hdmi cable.Use an HDMI cable with a thickness of 14mm or less. ● Using a non-certified HDMI cable may result in a blank screen or a connection error. ● Some HDMI cables and devices may not be compatible with the TV due to different HDMI specifications.You can try this to be sure that the tv settings are correct> on your remote press>(MENU/123) MENU >Support >Self Diagnosis >Reset
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Many thanks for you time and effort ! I'm going back to Curries to get this cable changed ! Kind regards !!
sounds good, let me know how it goes when you get the new cable connected.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Been and swapped the cable , just the $€**€$€$¥ Same !! No picture .
See if you can get the samsung menu on the screen with the smart control and then see if the sky menu will come on using the sky remote.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Nothing at all !
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What does this mean .... Any net + device not connected ??
Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC): Displays a list of Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC)-compliant devices that are connected to the TV. " This option is only available when Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) is set to On.
does your sky box look like this one>
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No , there's a silver band thru the front .
okay., do you see a green light display on the front panel of your Sky+HD box.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes , green light !
okay, have you tried a different input on your tv?Connect to a different hdmi socket on the tv, then choose the correct input source by pressing the source on your TV remote
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes , have done that .
do you have another component like a dvd player that you can connect to the tv to check and see if it works properly?
does the back of your sky box look like this?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes , a DVD player , but don't laugh , this is brand new too and I haven't got a clue how it works . I switched it on and it's cut off the sky chanel sound tho .
okay, does it have a picture?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Not yet ! I'm giving it all I've got :)
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Should that be under hdm2
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If it is then there's no picture .
yes if you have it connected and the source selected on the remote. Image below>
you should also be able to access the smart hub menu>watch this video please>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwnjgg0EeaE
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm sorry Friend but I've lost the will to live !! I'm giving up !! Thanks a lot anyway !!!
I am sorry about this. Let me know if I can help later.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Just thought ib
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Just thought I'd let you know that I eventually got everything sorted after a guy at Know How went thru the whole set up scenario again ! It hadn't been done correctly in the first place !! Many thanks for your help ! Kind regards ***** *****
That's great!