Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a three year old 24 inch ferguson tv with integrated

I have a three year old 24 inch ferguson tv with integrated dvd and freeview, I can get sound on the tv and from a seperate vcr but no sound from the dvd
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back of TV?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi,
the model number is *****
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, model number is ***** please recheck the number written on back of TV.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry I added a letter in wrong place,
it should read F2408lvd3
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** tried to unplug TV power cord from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and playback DVD for sound output check?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i haven't but will now and get back to you
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, take your time and reply back with the result.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
unfortunately still nothing
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to hear that, do you still get sound from TV through VCR and freeview channels?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes there is sound through the freeview channels and the vcr
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, just one more test, please try different DVD disc in TV and also playback an Audio CD to see if it gives sound output?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still nothing
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, have you tried different DVD disc?Have you tried an Audio CD?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes i have triedtwo different dvd's and also an audio cd so it's not them
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, unfortunately the DVD signal processor circuitry has got internal failure and causing no sound output, there is few processor chips mounted on circuit board attached to DVD Drive in TV and that processor board will need to be replaced to resolve the problem. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. If warranty has expired then it would cost you good money if required DVD Drive processing board is still available with parts supplier in area. Alternate option is to connect a DVD player to any free AV or HDMI input to keep watching DVDs on this TV. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, thanks for your help
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome, I wish I had better news about DVD playback sound issue. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Thanks.