Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Sony DCR DVD205Keeps giving disc error when new disc is put

Customer Question

Sony DCR DVD205
Keeps giving disc error when new disc is put in.
Disc error remove disc
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Does camcorder playback previously recorded disc?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any time I put a disc in It says disc error, remove disc, cant get any further
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No its not possible to play previously recorded disc.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info. This kind of problem occurs if either laser lens is dirty/ clogged or laser block has failed. Please open the disc cover and clean the laser lens gently with cotton bud and check if camcorder recognize the disc. If problem persist then I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camcorder to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. If camcorder warranty has expired then laser block replacement would cost you good money if it is still available with Sony Parts in area and a camera tech will do this work.I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective laser block replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this camcorder repair or invest that money on new replacement camera. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here. Regards, Shahid.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hi, do you need any further assistance with this question?Thanks.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Not sure why this question popped on my screen, did you post any thing which isn't displaying?