Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a sony bravia kdl 20s2020 which has been working satisfactorily

I have a sony bravia kdl 20s2020 which has been working satisfactorily up until a couple of months ago. When turned on no programmes are stored, having done an auto start up on several occasions the tv tells me there is no aerial connection. I have changed the aerial connection to my main tv which does work but still after auto start up the error message is the same saying no aerial connection
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.- Is this problem occurred suddenly and TV lost all stored channels?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info, does TV display channel info/ numbers it have found during channel scan/ auto program?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no channel numbers are displayed.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info, unfortunately the symptoms indicating builtin tuner failure which has become unable to receive/ process broadcast signals thus no channel appears on screen. Tuner board in TV will need to be replaced to resolve the problem and it may cost you good money as TV will need to be taken in local TV repair shop for repair.Alternate option is to connect Set-Top Box to any free AV/HDMI input of TV to get set-top box menu screen and plug the aerial into set top box and run channel scan/ auto program with in box to get available channels on TV, set top box will work as external tuner box with this TV. This way you wont need to send the TV in repair shop and set top box would be available in less than repair cost amount.I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.