Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Panasonic recorder with an old DVD-r that has not

I have a Panasonic recorder with an old DVD-r that has not been finalised. The message I get is "No recorded titles. Cannot finalise". How can I get round this problem- can I record a title?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished. Can you please remove the power to the recorder (so unplug it from the power socket). Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the recorder, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am an idiot! The DVD is almost 20 years old and I had written the title on the disc. I can scarcely believe I would do such a thing but I must have written the title without checking that it had actually recorded, since further examination has revealed a blank DVD. It was a family memento and I thought getting it to play was worth £11 - and it would have been if you could have done anything about it. As it is, many thanks.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome, and do not be too hard on yourself!If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit Thank you