Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Sony Android Bravia TV, model KDL50W755c, and have

I have a Sony Android Bravia TV, model KDL50W755c, and have fitted a microphone to the USB port to use the Google voice command feature but note that a 'speak' button (graphic Id:microphone), which I've read is usually at the top left of the remote control, is not present. The Sony remote I currently have is model RMT-TX1000D.
Is there a workaround using this remote, eg., pressing another button or two buttons simultaneously, to activate the microphone please? If no, what model remote control will I need to purchase please?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there Colin and welcomeI have checked the specifications for this TV, and no where does it indicate that it can interface with a microphone or that it utilizes Google Voice.Can I ask please why you believe it does?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard,
When I select the Remote Control (RC) Home button a microphone symbol shows at the top left of the new screen. If I then click the RC Up Arrow button 'click to speak' text appears to the right of the microphone symbol. If I then press the RC Select button the screen changes showing text 'Listening...' with 4 'wobbling' coloured dots at the top of the screen.
Since asking the question on my.justanswer I've found a Sony Android App called 'Video & TV Sideview : Remote' which when installed onto my Sony Xperia mobile phone and registered to the TV through my Wi-Fi network provides me with a Sony TV RC function and has the microphone button which is missing from the Sony RC which arrived with the TV.
So now, since last evening, if I want to 'talk' with my TV I use the App on my Smartphone....and it works brilliantly. ūüėÄ
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, strange as nothing is mentioned with this in the specifications, but they may have added it later.Do you have action on your remote?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you Richard.
The solution I've found works well and I'm content to stick with it.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your welcomeIf you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard,
This was my first time using my.justanswer so I'd appreciate some guidance before I give my rating.
A) Given that you were unable to help with my problem and I found the solution myself do I get a repayment, either full or part?
B) In the rating, am I rating the web-site or you the expert?
I await your guidance.
Thanks Richard
.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
1) you can contact customer service if at any time you wish for a refund2) You are rating my service to you, how I communicated ect, not the websiteIf you need anything else Colin, please let me knowThanks!