Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a BRAVIA KDL42W829BBU and would like to

Hello.
I have a BRAVIA KDL42W829BBU and would like to connect a pair of Bose Soundlink II bluetooth headphones. Is there a dongle that will do the job? Thanks.
Bob.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome Bob. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. Yes, you need to connect Digital Bluetooth Transmitter device into Digital Audio Out (Optical Out) port at rear of TV with optical cable so device will get TV sound and transmit it to headphones via Bluetooth signals. Please check following link to view Digital Bluetooth Transmitter device info and to order it..http://www.amazon.co.uk/LAYEN-Digital-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Connection-Black/dp/B00QSTCYSSI trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Shahid. Thanks for the link, it looks like just what I need. However, do I have to connect it via an optical cable? I ask because my TV has only one optical out and I'm currently using it to connect a Sonos soundbar.
Regards,
Bob.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hi Bob,Yes, I'm afraid this TV has only one audio out port which is optical out. It does have headphone jack at side panel that can also be used if you're not using TV internal speakers for sound, in that case connect audio cable (3.5mm to stereo RCA audio cable) into headphone jack and bluetooth device to get TV sound in headphones.Thanks.