Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

On normal playback of DV Tapes on the unit, the picture is

On normal playback of DV Tapes on the unit, the picture is distorted. Sound and vision jump, start stop, haze of coloured digital squares etc, ie no smooth playback as previously.
Could it be video heads? If so several times but no different.
I live in Southend, Essex.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome RobertWhat is the make and model of the device with the problem?Please let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sony - NV-DV2000 Digital tape player.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksThe biggest cause of this are dirty heads, it generally results in these symptoms Robert.I advise you clean the heads using a tape such as the one you can get hereClick me to openIf following this you still had issue then it means the heads would be faulty, which would require a replacement. If this is the case then due to the age of the model, I would get a pricing for this first, as the cost can outweigh the costs of purchasing a replacement camera.If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Please return here to your question
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I can call if it is easier?