*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

Model is a SONY KDL-32S2010, model number is(###) ###-#### *****

Model is a SONY KDL-32S2010, model number is(###) ###-#### ***** 07/2006.Picture and sound are OK except what sounds like a cooling fan operating in the background spoils reception. Advice on how to fix would be appreciated.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 11 months ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.If a loud humming or buzzing noise is coming from the television, mute the television volume to determine if the noise is being produced through the TV speakers.If the noise is no longer heard, then the issue is audio related Follow the steps below to correct the issue or determine if it is a hardware fault.First> perform a power reset on a TV.Turn off the TV.Unplug the TV power cord from the electrical outlet.Let the television remain without power for 60 seconds.Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet.NOTE: If the TV is plugged into a power strip or surge protector, remove it from the power strip or surge protector and plug it directly into the wall outlet. If the issue is resolved, the problem is with the power strip or surge protector and not the TV.Turn on the TV.Follow this procedure to troubleshoot if the television speakers are producing a humming, buzzing, or static noise.Ensure any audio or coaxial cables being used are securely connected to the television.Remove any electronic devices that may be causing interference away from the television speakers.Try viewing another channel or signal source.NOTES:If the issue does not occur when viewing a different channel or source, then the problem may be with the previous signal being received.If a cable box is used, determine if it has a volume control feature. An improper volume control setting on the cable box may result in audio hum or distortion. If the issue is not resolved, turn off the television.Unplug the power cord of the television from the AC outlet.Allow the television to remain without power for 60 seconds.Plug the power cord back into the AC outlet.Turn on the televison.NOTE: If the issue is still not resolved, try a factory reset next>The supplied remote control is necessary to perform this procedure. Then be sure to point the remote control towards the front and center of the TV.Troubleshooting steps are available if one of the LED lights in front of the TV is blinking or flashing.Unplug the TV power cord from the electrical outlet.Allow the TV to remain without power for one minute.Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet.NOTE: The TV should turn on automatically. If it does not, turn it on.Wait approximately 40 seconds for the TV to completely start up.On the TV remote control, press and hold the UP ARROW button. Make sure the remote control is pointed towards the front and center of the TV. While holding the UP ARROW button, press and release the POWER button on the TV set.NOTES:Depending on the TV, Reset will appear momentarily on the lower left hand corner of the TV.The TV may turn off and then back on.If the TV remains off after following the steps above, troubleshooting steps are available if the supplied remote control will not operate the TV.The button may be on the front, top or side of the TV. If your TV has an Energy Saving switch, be sure to press the POWER button rather than the Energy Saving switch. Release the UP ARROW button.NOTE: The initial setup screen displays if the above procedures were performed correctly.Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the initial setup.If the noise is still present then service of the Sony by a technician will be required.
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience: I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.