Viet - Technician
Viet - Technician, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Tech. Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
30037186

I set up my new HP Notebook 15-ac120na last night and

Customer Question

hello
I set up my new HP Notebook 15-ac120na last night and for about 2 hours it was perfect. then the wifi went down and everytime I try to connect it says"cannot connect to this network"
My Lenovo laptop, ipad, phone and previous HP laptop all connect perfectly
Please can you assist
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Technician replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Does your new laptop have windows 7 or 8 or 10, etc.?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
If possible, if you test connecting your new HP laptop to the router with an extra Ethernet / network cable, does internet work? Please try a possible fix below:- Press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type devmgmt.msc then click OK, then the Device Manager window will open, then double-click on the item Network adapters in order to open / expand it, then right-click on each of the item(s) under it and click on Uninstall and confirm (but don't check the box to delete the driver if shown), then restart the computer, and it will automatically reinstall, then see if you can connect to your wi-fi / wireless network name.Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.