Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

THE CAMERA ON MY SAMSUNG CORE PRIME HAS JUST STOPPED WORKING!!

THE CAMERA ON MY SAMSUNG CORE PRIME HAS JUST STOPPED WORKING!! each TIME I TRY TO SELECT IT I GET A MESSAGE SAYING"CAMERA FAILED"!!
I WONDER IF THERE IS ANYTHING I CAN DO??
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you power off the camera pleaseThen remove the battery from it and wait 5 minutes.Then put the battery back in, power it on and tell me if the camera now works please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard, I followed you instructions but unfortunately the fault still remains. I still only get the response "Camera failed" when I select the camera function.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanksCan you go to Settings, Applications Manager.Slide to the list ALL and locate Camera.Press it and press Clear DataOnce done, restart the phone and tell me please if the camera now works
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure if my last message was transmitted??
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If it was you did the initial instructions, then it was, I responded with the next instructions to do please.Can you go to Settings, Applications Manager.Slide to the list ALL and locate Camera.Press it and press Clear DataOnce done, restart the phone and tell me please if the camera now works
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Under "Settings"---Application Manager I only have: GALAXY APPS and SAMSUNG IN APP?? I am unable to locate:" ALL, CAMERA, CLEAR DATA" as you instruct??
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You need to swipe to the list all, so use your finger and swipe to change between lists
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fault remains-----by the way.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, now I see it! So, I have followed your instructions but I still get "Camera Failed" when I try to select the camera function.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, the next step to rule out the firmware by reinstalling it.This will remove all your data and return the device to new, but this you cannot avoid so back up anything first.Then go to settings, Backup and Reset, Factory Data ResetLet this complete and when it has, set up the phone and tell me please if the camera is now functioning.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Believe it or not, this measure occurred to me when the fault first appeared----after I had tried de-powering etc.
At this time, I have no means of backing up my info ------so I guess I do without the camera!!
Thank you, ***** ***** your guidance and your patience!