Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Help, my tv has sound but no picture - down the right hand

Help, my tv has sound but no picture - down the right hand side of the black screen are about
half a dozen vertical lines of green, blue and red. The set is about ten years old.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear *****, followed your instructions - no change!
What next please?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksIf you press the menu button on the TV, do you see the menu show at all?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
calling