Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Panasonic TV model TX-L32E6B that I want to use with

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic TV model TX-L32E6B that I want to use with an external speaker system(Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin) using the appropriate 3.5 analogue mini jack plug to 2 x RCA plugs but cannot get any sound through. Is there a setting in the TV software to switch from the built in speakers to external ones?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Could you please get me the model number written on external sound system?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The speaker is a Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin wireless part no.; Fp37672, Serial no. ; 1510-0018069
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info.- Do the TV internal speakers go Off when insert 3.5mm analog pin into headphone jack on TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Speakers internal to the TV do not go off whatever I do.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, this TV does have only three options to connect external speakers, first is HDMI (ARC) port, second is Digital Audio Optical Out port and third is headphone jack.HDMI (ARC) and optical out are digital ports so can't connect analog headphone pin there, only headphone jack provides analog audio signal, please get 3.5mm stereo audio cable as shown in below link, it has 3.5mm jacks on both ends, plug one pin into AUX input of wirless headphone base and hook other pin into headphone jack of TV.http://www.gabotronics.com/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/Audio_Cable_3.5m_50b5ac06294c4.jpgSelect AUX input in headphone and reduce the headphone volume by going into TV Menu > Settings > Sound > Volume Settings, this connection setup will get you TV sound into wireless headphones.Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I connected the speakers via the jack plugs to the headphones socket on the TV & it sprang into life!
Had to adjust volume level in the software menu of the headphones to near full volume to get rid of a strange "echo" effect. This suppressed the TV's own speakers volume, so now I have all the sound coming out of the sound bar. Job done!
Thank you Shahid.
Apologies if this message is duplicated as I thought I had "lost" the first one when I pressed the ratings button first before I hit the "send" button.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Excellent Colin, glad to know that all is well and you're enjoying TV shows with big sound.Have nice time!Shahid.