Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Richard I have a samsung ue46F8500 3D TV which is less

Hi Richard I have a samsung ue46F8500 3D TV which is less than 3 years old. It will not switch on and it keeps on clicking on/ff in standby mode every 5 secs. I have followed the advice in other threads to disconnect power and reboot power switch by holding for 60 secs and have checked wall plugs and sockets. Can you help please.David
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome David. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Any idea how long TV have had the problem?- Does screen glow/ show backlight during clicking on-off?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The problem started last night. There is no screen glow.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info. This kind of problem occurs due to either failure of standby power supply section OR main board internal failure. It needs further troubleshooting with voltmeter to check standby 5V DC output on power supply board, if volts are constant/ stable but TV keeps clicking then need to replace main board. And if standby volts goes low during clicking sound that means power supply board is defective and should be replaced which will help to resolve the problem.Power supply board is one where AC power cord plugs in and main board is one where all video input jacks are located. Please get the part number written on label pasted on circuit board in TV (power and main board) to search/ google it to get price info to order it if you're working on this TV yourself. I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here. Regards,Shahid.