Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

We have a Pioneer PDP 427 XD that has stopped working. The

We have a Pioneer PDP 427 XD that has stopped working. The red light came on when we switched it on but no blue light via the remote. We tried again - red light came on again and then it died. Solutions? Or time for a new TV? Thanks
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- How long the TV have had this problem?- Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Shahid. We've tried the unplugging and re-plugging but that doesn't work. The TV I think is beyond repair but thank you for your trouble. We have now bought a new one.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
ah OK, it seems TV has got hardware related failure like sustain boards failure which is causing the problem and you're correct on this TV repair, since it is an old model so it was better to spend the repair amount on new replacement TV that would be equipped with latest technology and features. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Thanks.