Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I can't get all the programme display on the screen

I can't get all the programme display on the screen for recording when I press guide.
Both the television and the recorders are Panasonic. I suspect that I've done something stupid, so can you help me?
Regards, ***** *****
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome Tom. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV and Recorder?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model no Panasonic DMR-X773.
SERIAL NO VO1KC 003436 OR VQ1KC 003436
DMR-EX 773 EBK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will be out visiting 'til 5.30pm.
Model no Panasonic DMR-X773.
SERIAL NO VO1KC 003436 OR VQ1KC 003436
DMR-EX 773 EBK
Regards, ***** *****
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Tom for the info.- Have you tried to unplug TV and Recorder power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, Have already tried that. I think the problem may be that on the recorder it is on AV1, but the TV is on AV2?Regards, Tom
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Correct, please playback a disc/ recorded program in DMR-EX 773 and change AV input of TV to get picture on TV, this will confirm that TV has set on correct video input, now stop playback and check if you get correct program display on TV through recorder?Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I change the AV of the TV to get the picture, or is it the AV f the recorder?Tom
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Tom, please grab TV remote and push Input or Source button to change the video input of TV.Do not change AV input of DVD recorder.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WHERE DO I FIND THE INPUT OR SOURCE BUTTON ON THE REMOTE. ORRY ABOUT THE CAPS. TOM
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
What is the model number of your TV connected to the DVD recorder and do you have the remote that came with the TV?This info will help me to assist you further.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Shahid, I'm sorry but I'll have to leave it for the present moment. I haven't had this problem before and the remote is the original that came with the TV and the recorder. I'm very tired now, regards, Tom
How can you remotely connect to my TV by the way?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Its OK Tom, we can continue it at later time and I'm sorry there is no way to connect remotely to your TV, I wish there was a way that would have helped me a lot to resolve the issue.Please provide me model number of your TV to proceed further.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've got AV1 on the TV and the recorder but still no change. When I press guide on the remote for the recorder, instead of showing all the programmes it says 'No Data'
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Let me repeat again, playback a disc in recorder to confirm that TV is displaying picture of whatever disc is being played in recorder.Push Stop button on recorder to stop playback, you had not need to change AV input of recorder, now press channel button on recorder remote to set it on tuner mode so it can get channel signals through antenna/ aerial that should display on TV screen.Thanks.