nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

Earlier this year I installed Windows 10 and have just realised

Customer Question

Earlier this year I installed Windows 10 and have just realised that I am unable to get into any of my existing programs especially my MS Office Home and Student 2010 document and I am unable to find the product key. Can you help me at all? Many thanks
Category: Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 7 months ago.
Hi Annette. Welcome to justanswer.To resolve this issue, start one of your Office applications such as Word, and then select File > Account > Update Options > Update Now to install the latest updates.Reply if this doesn't work.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Other than file I do not have an account, update option etc. has not helped.
Are you getting any error when you open documents?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Cannot open any doc just says unlicensed product.
Do you have the MS Office CD?
This problem occurs when your Office Professional Plus subscription expires and the application becomes unlicensed.
You need to reactivate it by using the key. It must have been supplied with MS Office Home and Student 2010 when you bought it. Check the documentation and find the key.
Reply so that I can assist you better.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am unable to locate the product key hence my online request. I thought that a technician would be able to find the product key via a programme on my computer. Problems with accessing anything on my computer started when i downloaded windows 10 and i cannot revert to windows 7 in the hope that everything will be rectified. Unfortunately, i do not now what else to tell you.
You can try this software to find the key from your system. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
PS: Download the free version.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your assistance. I have the product key details but the system has completely locked me out of any MS products with a suggestion that I repair the Office programme using the control panel!
Now as you have the key, you can uninstall the Office program from Control Panel and download it again from their website. You will be good to go.
You can download it from here. CLICK HEREPlease rate the chat POSITIVELY. Thanks.Regards Nathan.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your assistance but this is not working. I just keep getting the message my number is ***** I give in - I have had enough. Thank you once again.
Would you like to rate the chat POSITIVELY so that I get credited for my services. If yes, then please click the stars present on the upper panel (3 or more for positive). Thanks Annette.Regards Nathan.
Hi Annette. You can try this Microsoft's wizard to check possible cause of why you are getting error after entering the key.CLICK HERE TO START
Annette, please respond so that we can continue further. What is the current status of the problem.If you don't wish to troubleshoot further, then please rate the chat to end the conversation. Regards Nathan.
Just checking in to see how things have been going. Is the issue resolved? Do you need any further assistance.
Would you like to continue as your question is still open. Respond accordingly. Have a goo day.