Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Blue ray cinema system SAM HTD6500 purchased in dec

I have a Blue ray cinema system SAM HTD6500 purchased in dec 2011 it has been brilliant.
The Blue ray player is playing up. Is it possible to have it repaired? or can you suggest a suitable, compatible replacement player to plug into the speaker system?
Please reply. Billy Brooks
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Does the unit play any disc and do you get normal sound output from its speakers?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes however it has taken to randomly selecting ipod or other modes rather than the blue ray disc mode selected. I will be happy to purchase another compatible player rather than scrapping the whole system.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi anybody there?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I'm typing an answer for you that may take couple of minutes.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info, this unit does have HDMI Inputs so you can connect a simple bluray player into HDMI input and keep watching it on TV while having sound through this system speakers. Please click following link to view a simple bluray player info..http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/dvd-blu-ray-and-home-cinema/blu-ray-and-dvd-players/samsung-bd-j4500-blu-ray-dvd-player-10137290-pdt.htmlAnother option is to get the model number off of this bluray player and search/ google it or check with Amazon/ ebay etc to find out if some one is selling it. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure that answers my questions.
From what I have told you do you consider it a repairable fault?
Or perhaps it is not economically viable!
If I have to replace the player, is there a replacement unit for my SAM-HTD6500 unit?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Laser block replacement would be costly repair that would cost around 80 to 110 Pounds from nearest Samsung service facility so at that point you would be better off with a new player. Luckily SAM-HTD6500 unit has HDMI Inputs that can be used to plug a new bluray player in it. Unfortunately SAM-HTD6500 unit is no longer available at Samsung store and perhaps a used one could be available at ebay/Amazon etc and a used unit could have some internal issues/ defects.I hope these info will help, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions or I missed any point.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok so do Samsung offer a replacement player for the HTD6500 ?
Can I purchase a new unit, if so which unit?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
HTD6500 is complete sound system that includes bluray player and different speakers. Please get the model number written on back of bluray player unit and search/ google it as any supplier might have it in stock. HTD6500 model has discontinued and no longer available at Samsung. Thanks.