Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have an Epson Stylus PHOTO R2880 which I use high

I have an Epson Stylus PHOTO R2880 which I use for small high quality jobs. It is a great machine and produces perfect results. However, I have 2 problems - here is the serious one. Last time I went to use the printer, there was the most awful grinding noise - like crashing gears. I switched off immediately and am scared to try it again. Does this need the attention of an engineer? If so, is there any local expert you can recommend? I live in Glasgow and my postcode is G46 6AA.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeIt sounds like the gears may have gotten out of alignment. But it can correct itself.Turn it on and tell me what now happens please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is just making the usual sounds - like a purring sound and the ink cartridge holder is moving back and forward. The grinding noise occurred when I asked it to print.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, try to print to it and tell me what happens please.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
calling