Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My printer & mac laptop have stopped communicating. the printer

my printer & mac laptop have stopped communicating. the printer will not print my pictures or documents
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished. Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket). Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The printer has already been turned off as I went to Curry's for help but they don't help with printers & told me to buy a new one. I don't want to do this if the problem can be resolved as it has always worked well until now
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksCan you tell me the mac and model of the printer and how is it connected to the Mac? Via a USB cable or wireless?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a Pixma MG5350 connected wirelessly
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksCan you remove the power to your wifi router and wait 5 minutes.Then connect the power to your wifi router, restart your Mac and tell me if you can now print please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it has taken all this time to reconnect to broadband - the printer is still not connecting
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, thats a lot longer then normal.Whats the make and model of your wifi router?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
BT Home Hub 2
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksOn the back of the hub is a reset button.With the power on the router on, push in and hold the reset button in for 10 seconds then release.Wait 10 minutes for it to reload and tell me if you can the print to the printer please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i think it is alright now - it won't accept some ink that isn't of the right sort so I haven't been able to print - I'll have to go out and buy the right kind!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, if its complaining about ink it is a good sign in regards ***** ***** other issue as its communicating with the printer.Always get the correct ink else you can damage the printer.I marked this question to remain open, so any issues let me knowAnd please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit Thank you