Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have 45 series 24" television the programs come up in text

Customer Question

I have 45 series 24" television the programs come up in text as if I was hard of hearing how do I get rid of the text
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model number UE24H4003AW The writing only appears on R.T.E programs which is digital, Sky box reception is
ok Regards, Frank
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info, just to clarify, text on picture appears only on local channels received by aerial/ antenna, is this correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for confirmation, it seems Subtitles feature has been On in your TV which generates text on picture and subtitles should be turn Off which will help to resolve the problem.Please get channel on TV which shows text then grab TV remote and press Menu, go to Broadcasting option then select Subtitles and press Enter, now select Subtitles and set it Off. Text on picture should go away.Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The R.T.E. is from a aerial
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Can you please elaborate it with bit more details?Please get the RTE channel on TV or whatever channel that shows text in picture then try the procedure mentioned in previous reply.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Subtitles does not come up on the broadcasting menue Frank
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
You should get subtitles in broadcasting menu when select TV in video source list to get local channels through aerial.