*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

My american Amana Fridge freezer,: Well the freezer is fine,

my american Amana Fridge freezer,:
Well the freezer is fine, But despite turning the dials to their cold setting,
the fridge is too cold and freezes liquids!
What can be done to solve this Problem
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. This sounds like there is a problem with the thermostat controls. It could be the thermostat itself or the controls that regulate the flow from the freezer to the refrigerator. What is the model number of the Amana?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model no; AC2228HEKB
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am waiting for your advice on my problem
Okay, thank you. Give me a moment to check on that model for you.
The thermistor is the most likely cause, it monitors the air temperature and sends the temperature reading to the control board. The control board then regulates power to the compressor and evaporator fan based on the thermistor readings. If the thermistor is defective, the compressor and evaporator fan may run too frequently. As a result, the refrigerator will be too cool. To determine if the thermistor is defective, test it with a multimeter. The thermistor resistance should change in conjunction with the refrigerator temperature. If the thermistor resistance does not change, or the thermistor does not have continuity, replace the thermistor.Part info.Thermistor kit (long harness)Manufacturer Number 12002355
Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.Thank you very much!