nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

I have an account with Amazon but do not require an

Customer Question

Hello - I have an account with Amazon but do not require an account on my kindle.
How can I achieve this ? Thank You - Melville Morgan
Category: Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.
Hi Melville. Welcome to justanswer.You want to use Kindle without amazon account or Kindle is not accepting you Amazon account's credentials?Reply so that further assistance can be provided.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To use kindle withot Amazon Account
Is your Kindle registered with your amazon account right now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO !!
If you don't register your Kindle with Amazon, you won't be able to use 'collections'. Amazon needlessly limits the functionality of your unregistered Kindle, such as disabling the Collections and Wikipedia widget features.For using Kindle without an Amazon account, You will need to hack into the device and if anything goes wrong you will be locked out of your device. And only developers can do that. So according to me it is NOT AT ALL advisable.
There is a temporary solution for you. When the registration screen comes up, don't connect to WiFi and the Kindle will be unable to connect to Amazon's servers. It will give you an option to skip the registration and come back later. But once you are connected to wifi, it will ask again for registration.
Do you have any other query?
Hi,Just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?If yes then reply so that necessary assistance can be provided.Regards Nathan