Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

I can't down load photos onto my laptop. everytime I connect

Customer Question

I can't down load photos onto my laptop. everytime I connect up between camera and laptop,the camera just switches itself off and with a message that the USB is not recognised
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome NigelCan you tell me please if your on a windows or mac computer and which version and what is the make and model of the camera? I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you. Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse. I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps. Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong. If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me. Thanks, Richard