Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Brother DCPL2500D wont print keeps going to Self Diagnostic

My Brother DCPL2500D wont print keeps going to Self Diagnostic mode saying will it will restart in 15 minutes it dose not restart This happens each time I power it on.
It Shows sometimes "05 Problem" see set up have no 05 on setup
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished. Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket). Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Turned back on
It shows "Print Unable 05"
Turn Power off and on again
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the problem is very clear, its the rive motor in the printer that's not able to correctly engage, this is what the error code means. It can be residue power build up in the circuit but we have eliminated this now. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you