nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

Garmin s2 stopped charging no display

Customer Question

Garmin s2 stopped charging no display
Category: Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Welcome to justanswer.Did you leave the device on charge before it stopped charging?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes its been plugged in all the time
Try cleaning the contacts on the S2 and the charging clip and again plug it back in? You can use cotton swab (Q-tip) to clean the contacts at the back of the watch.
This problem cannot be solved using the Secure Remote Assistance as it has nothing to do with the computer. I am giving you the steps. Just follow them to check for the possible fault.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have cleaned contacts no difference
How old is your device?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 years old
Then maybe you need to change the battery. If you can, try cleaning the contacts again with a bit of alcohol and a cotton swab (Q-tip), to remove any "dirt" or "grime" that may be left on the contacts after use.Please let me know what you see when you connect the charger again, and don't be afraid to "wiggle" the charging clip a bit - to make good contact.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have tried that no difference where do I obtain a new battery
The battery in your device is PD3032 Li-ion.I am providing you with the links. You can order a new battery from here.CLICK HERE TO BUY FROM EBAYCLICK HERE TO BUY FROM AMAZONReply if you have any query.Please rate my services positively so that I can get credited for it. Thanks.
You can even watch the procedure of changing the batteries. Although it is of different model but the steps are similar for both the device. Otherwise you can take it to a repair shop to get the battery replaced. CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE VIDEO
Hi,Just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?If yes then reply so that necessary assistance can be provided. Else you can rate the chat to end the conversation. Thank you.Regards Nathan