nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

The inkpads on my printer px 730 wd have reached the endof

the inkpads on my printer px 730 wd have reached the endof their life, what can i do
Category: Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Welcome to justanswer.Ink pads basically sit under the print head and soak up any excess ink. It is quite complicated process to replace them and though Epson do offer the service of replacing them, the cost is about 2/3 of a new printer because of the labour involved.Now you have three options available:1. Replace the printer2. Have the pads replaced (Expensive)3. Use a third party utility to clear the warning. (Epson themselves will not allow the warning to be cleared without new pads) Option 3 would be at your own risk and using a non official reset program to clear the service warning. But it is unofficial so there is always potential for it to go wrong. If you are not going the Epson repair option. Youcan try it if you are not going for the repair as you have nothing to lose then.That is the basis of the error and the choices you have. If you wish to try the reset i can give you a link to the third party tool (it's actually a crack of the official Epson software tool) which you can use to attempt to clear the error.Reply for further assistance.Please rate the chat POSITIVELY so that I can get credited for my service. Thanks.
Thanks for the ratings. Cheers!