*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

Samsung UE55hu7500 not finding any wifi networks and screen

Customer Question

Samsung UE55hu7500 not finding any wifi networks and screen mirroring now showing as unavaliable (greyed out) How can I fix to start using these functions again? Thanks
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.This sounds like a glitch in the tv settings. Try a factory reset first.Follow these steps please.Open the main menu. Select the Support section of the main menu, and then press ENTER. Select the Self Diagnosis section of the Support, and then press ENTER.Select the Reset, and then press ENTER. Enter the security PIN (default 0000) for your TV.The reset warning will appear, select Yes and then press ENTERThen try the WiFi again. Let me know if this does not work and we can try another solution.Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I have tried this numerous times and most recently approx 1 hour a go and still no joy. Thanks Randy.
Okay, the most likely cause is the distance between the router and the TV. There may also be obstructions, like electronics, other wifi devices even your neighbors wifi and electronics can hinderr. The construction materials in your walls also effect the the range I had a similar issue recently in a building where I did an install. I corrected the issue with a dual band high performance router. I used the Asus. Click here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I have top of range Super Hub 3.0, recently installed but have connected since and router is within reach. Prev used to pick up neighbours networks but now cannot find any at all.
okay, since the factory reset failed and the internet works via wired connection unfortunately then this sounds like the wifi hardware on the tv has failed. What is the approximate purchase date of the tv?
you can try a firmware update and see if that will help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, firmware updates, no new updates available.
okay, that sounds like a hardware issue then. The wifi radio must have failed on the tv. If it is out of warranty you can use an adapter.PLEASE CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, but screen mirror doesn't require wifi, what is the reason for this failing as happened at same time?
yes, the screen mirror uses the same technology on the tv as the wifi. It connects to and receives the signal from the computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can this be fixed by home engineer?
yes, however the easiest least expensive option will be the adapter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Is the only issue it could be?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have TV flat on wall and usb solution wouldn't work as not enough room.
okay, does the back of yours look like this>
If your model is like the one in the image there will be a recessed area where you can connect the usb adapter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for delay! That's great, thank you so much for your assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I purchased the adapter as you recommended but this has not fixed the problem. Adapter plugged in but tv not recognising and therefore cannot set up. Please can you advise? Thanks, Michelle
I am sorry to hear that. This sounds like the firmware for the wifi may be corrupt or incompatible. You can return the wifi adapter for a refund. The only option to get the internet features working will be to use an ethernet cable. You can do the ethernet cable without having to run the cable directly to the tv by using a powerline adapter. The powerline adapter works through the nearest wall outlet plug in.>>>PLEASE CLICK HERE<<<
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks fir coming back so quickly. Refund already requested so okay there. I will order the power line kit and see how we get on. However will this work still if firmware/wifi broken? Certainly putting me off Samsung TV's in future. Thanks again.
Yes, the PowerLine adapter will have an actual ethernet cable from the adapter to the tv. It just keeps you from having to run the cable all the way from your router.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Perfect as I know it works with Ethernet. What TV brand would you recommend?
LG 55UF850V Smart 3D 4K Ultra HD 55in LED TV - &pound;749 at Currys (reduced from &pound;1,299)55in screen4KPassive 3D2x HDMI 2.02x USB 2.01x USB 3.0Panasonic Viera TX-55CX802B Smart 3D 4K Ultra HD 55in LED TV - &pound;999 at Currys (reduced from &pound;1,999)55in screen4KActive 3D3x HDMI 2.02x USB 2.01x USB 3.0SDHC memory card slotSound bar included
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again, been really helpful and hopefully this will sort it out.
your welcome,Please let me know if you need any other assistance.Thank you very much!