Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Pioneer PDP-LX6080D plasma screen, and a Pioneer VSX-AX2AV-S

I have a Pioneer PDP-LX6080D plasma screen, and a Pioneer VSX-AX2AV-S receiver. It was working fine, and then yesterday the sound disappeared, and I can't get it back. Any ideas?
Tom
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'll assist you today. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.1- Does the volume level bar appear on screen when push volume buttons?2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. Yes
2. A Sky box is the only source, and there is no sound.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, do you get sound through VSX-AX2AV-S receiver or from TV internal speakers?Also, is there any other video device/ source such as DVD player etc available to connect to TV for sound test?I'm sorry, remote assistance only works for computers as there is no way I can connect directly to TV from here through internet to check its settings.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. The sound comes from surround sound speakers - 2 front, 2 back and a sub-woofer.
2. No.
3. That's what I thought!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
p.s. I'm off out now. Back about midday.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, no problem, we can continue it at later time, please post back when have time to troubleshoot the issue.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. Back now.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, working on it now.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Any other audio source hooked to VSX-AX2AV-S receiver for sound check/ test?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK - Have you tried to unplug TV, Sky box and Receiver power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and turn them On, let Sky box reboot that may take several minutes and check?If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Haven't done. Will do.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, take your time and either unplug power cords or switch Off AC supply to units for 10 minutes, please reply back with the result.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That doesn't work I'm afraid.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to hear that, at this point we need an audio source to verify the Receiver, do you have a smart phone having few MP3 or MP4 files to connect audio out of smart phone into Receiver, select correct input and play back MP3/MP4 file to get sound through Receiver speakers?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is getting too complicated. I think it needs somebody here to look at it, so I'll try and get somebody round.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
It is a simple test, all it needs smart phone/ mp3 player etc and an audio cable to insert 3.5mm pin into phone audio out jack and hook the RCA pins of that cable into audio input of Receiver. Select that input to get playback sound.It is quite possible that input of receiver that connected to TV has been changed so you're missing sound of TV programs.Have you tired to change input of Receiver by pushing Input button on receiver remote to try all its inputs as one should get you TV sound back in sound system speakers?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Tried that but no luck. Thanks for trying, but it's a bit beyond me, so I'll try and get somebody local.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, I wish there was an easy and quick fix available for this issue. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Thanks.