Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

HELP..... I hope you can help us... We have been having

Customer Question

HELP.....
I hope you can help us...
We have been having trouble with our Samsung 55HU7200 curved ultra HD television on the HD channels for some time with the picture breaking up and pixels freezing. After having over £700 worth of repairs done by a Samsung repairer nearby we have been told that it is a problem with this model with the BBC transmitter although it also does it on the ITV channels. The repairer is a Samsung dealership called PVS in Peterborough and they have been informed with an email from the BBC that this is a problem with this model but we can't find anything on the Internet regarding this. As it is getting worse and we paid a considerable amount for this HD television watching the non-HD channels so that we can view without the picture breaking up is not really an option...! Apart from the fact that the picture quality is rubbish on the non-HD channels, we bought this television for HD viewing. As we can't afford another television, please can you tell us if you know of this problem and what we can possibly do to rectify it?
Hoping to hear from you at your earliest convenience. Kind regards ***** ***** and Mrs Dunford.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hello Richard,How exactly are you receiving the BBC signal? Through antenna connected directly to the TV? Or through a Sky box or some other digital box?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete,
Through the aerial which is a new digital one installed by PVS in Peterborough, also complete new cables. This has been checked by them and is ok.
Thanks. Kind regards ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete,
Meant to mention that we have 2 other Samsung televisions upstairs, one being an HD and both pictures are perfect. Apparently it's just this 55 inch model that is affected. Just need to know if it's the BBC that's at fault like we have been told. Thanks. Kind regards ***** *****
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard,This is an unusual problem and there are no faults that I am aware of. Something is likely causing interference or signal loss.I have seen cases like this before where a large tree near the property was causing intermittent signal loss.Do you have a signal booster fitted to the antenna? If not, could you try fitting one?Or test the TV at another nearby property?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete,
Sorry but I don't know whether you have read my other messages. I Have tried to send a video that I have just recorded a few minutes ago from tonight's Eastenders but it says that there was an unknown error. Is there any other way to send a video? There doesn't seem to be 5 minutes goes by without the picture freezing. Kind regards ***** *****
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
What signal strength is showing on the affected channels when the problem occurs?