Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Can I use my new shower even though I have a tiny amount of

Can I use my new shower even though I have a tiny amount of insulated wire exposed? Recently fitted new shower and it is slightly different in size and shape to previous one.
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are a family of 8 (9 if you include my grandson) all working and need a quick answer. Thankyou. Would like to get shower situation sorted soon. If I need to get a plumber in then would like to do asap. Thankyou from very smelly family and young baby.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
No, it is it safe to use the shower with any electrical wires exposed - even if they are insulated, the water can ingress into the insulation and conduct the electricity. You must not use this shower until it is repaired.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't need a repair. the wire is showing because the shower case is a different size and shape to the old one although it is the same make n model . The wire would not be showing if this was the same size n shape as the one I took down. And why don't showers come with elbow joints? Thanks for letting me know not to use the shower, we will all have to smell til I can get someone in repair the problem sorry cover the tiny amount of insulated wire showing